Malayalam New Year 2017 – Chingam 1 Quotes, wishes, Picture Greetings : Keralites are set to celebrate Chingam 1 (also called Andu Pirappu) on 17 August, that marks the start of the Malayalam New Year as per the traditional regional calendar. The auspicious day is observed with special prayers and ceremonies.
Significance and how is the day observed?
Chingam is the first month of the Malayalam calendar, which has a total of 12 months — Chingam, Kanni, Thulam, Vrishchikam, Dhanu, Makaram, Kumbham, Meenam, Medam, Edavam, Midhunam and Karkidakam. It falls in August–September of the Gregorian Calendar. As part of the celebration, Hindu devotees begin the day by visiting temples. The houses will be cleaned by removing all old and unwanted materials.
Chingam is considered as one of the auspicious months of the year and the major festivals celebrated in the month include Onam, Sri Krishna Jayanti and Ganesh Chaturthi.
Check out few messages, wishes and greetings to be shared on Chingam 1 here:
- Today is Chingam 1, the day we Keralites celebrate the beginning of a new year. I wish you all the blessings and greetings of the festive season to you and your family.
- Happiness is being with friends and family on festival days. I am sad that I cannot be with you all on this auspicious day of Chingam 1 as am living away from you all. Still, my mind is at home, where we had celebrated all the auspicious days together. Happy Chingam 1 greetings my dear.
- Orupad prethekshakalumayi itha mattoru puthuvarsham kuudi agathamayi. Sambathinteyum samrudhiyudeyum oru varsham ningalk undakatte ennu aathmartham aay aashamsikunnu.
- The Malayalam new year Chingam 1 is here. It is the time to celebrate a new beginning. Wishing you the greetings of the colourful and auspicious day.
- With you staying miles away, here is my hearful wishes and blessings of the new year. May it be filled with joyful moments now and always. Happy Chingam 1 greetings.
- Vidaparayunna nimishangale nokki neduveerpeduruth. Puthiya pretheekshakalkond nammude munnilek ethunna puthuvarshathe irukaikalum neeti nammak sweekarikam. Chingam 1 aashamsakal nerunnu.
- May you be able to handle the ups and downs that you come across in life now and always. May this year be filled with immense blessings from the Almighty. Happy Chingam 1 2017 wishes.
- Let us pray that this new year will be a year filled with peace, happiness and abundance of new friends. May God bless you through out the new Year. Happy Chingam 1.